British singer Phil Collins, former Genesis drummer, announced its withdrawal from the music, at age 60, but denied being "finished."
"I stand to be a full-time father to my two children," said the musician who sold more than 100 million albums during his solo career after splitting from Genesis.
Collins also denied the information published in the press recently that was retiring due to "bad reviews" or because "he was not wanted." "I know I have still many 'fans' to those who like what I do. Thank you," he wrote on his website.
Some suggestions from the press that she was "finished" were belied by the success of the album "Going Back," which reached number one in the British charts last year, said the artist.
"I do not need a straitjacket," he added in reference to critics who portrayed him as a "weirdo tormented," he added.
Born in London, Phil Collins is one of only three soloists in the world that have sold over 100 million albums, along with Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney.
"Neither is withdrawn or considered retirement," quoted "People" the British spokesman for Collins but later denied the musician.
FL
Globovisión / DPA
0 comments:
Post a Comment